PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
We know that warranty support is important and we process warranty claims quickly and efficiently. Generally we will process warranty returns within 24 hours of arrival.
All products are covered by a 12 month warranty from the date of purchase - Unless specifically noted in the product description as some products may have a longer or shorter warranty period.
The warranty is 'return to base' in Auckland and all warranty claims must have an RA (Return Authorization) number assigned before being returned to us - This helps speed up the process and ensures your warranty claim is handled efficiently.
Where an item is found to be faulty and covered by warranty, it will be repaired or replaced. All of our repairs are done in-house and if parts are not available promptly the item will be replaced.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details to obtain an RA number:
- Your Name, Address and a contact phone number
- The original order/invoice number for your purchase
- A thorough description of the fault (sometimes we can diagnose problems remotely)
The RA number must be on the outside of your package when returned or we may be unable to process your warranty claim efficiently.
At our discretion, the replacement may be a unit that is not brand new but will be in equal or better condition than the returned device.
Where the item is no longer available a replacement of a similar product that meets or exceeds the original product specification will be supplied (in consultation with the customer)
The warranty term is 12 months from the date of purchase - The term does not reset if a device is replaced/repaired.
Some of the things that Warranty does not cover:
- Faults that are caused through incorrect usage of the product or problems cause by 3rd party apps installed.
- Water/Moisture/Dirt/Dust/Environmental damage
- Physical damage - Broken screens, Cracked cases, Damaged charging ports etc
- Broken/Faulty connections caused by incorrect plug type or excessive insertion/force/pulling
- Products where serial numbers or tamper labels have been removed
- Faults where the use of incompatible accessories are used, causing damage.
- Accidental damage - Please claim on your insurance
- Non-factory firmware or system software modification
All items sent back for warranty are tested thoroughly to reproduce the fault.
Testing may involve wiping data/factory resets/firmware flashing. Please ensure you have saved any important data before returning the item.
Rugged phones are strong phones and offer varying degrees of water/dust/shock resistance which are only valid if limits are not exceeded and any rubber plugs or shields are installed properly prior to exposing the phone to moisture.
Liquid damage IS NOT covered by warranty so please ensure all plugs are firmly closed - If liquid can access exposed ports or the IP limits are exceeded the phone may suffer moisture damage.
While rugged phones screens are 1 or 2 layers of toughened glass, they are still made of glass and are not indestructible - You should still take care of your device as you would any other phone.
Liquid damage or broken screens should be claimed on your personal contents insurance. We can provide replacement quotations for insrance purposes if required.
If you have a fault that is not covered by warranty, in some cases we may be able to offer an economical repair if parts are available. Please contact us on email@example.com with your request.